Casual Games Association, an international trade organization for the game industry, has announced the schedule for Casual Connect Asia 2017. The conference will take place on May 16-18, 2017, at Hard Rock Hotel, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore.
100 of the world’s best indie developers will take part in the Indie Prize Showcase during the conference. Participants were selected by independent judges from hundreds of applications. The best and the brightest will be awarded in 10 different categories during the 18th Indie Prize Awards on May 18 at 2 PM in Lecture Hall 2 at the Hard Rock Hotel Singapore.
120 speakers from companies including Ubisoft; Hipster Whale; Gravity Co., LTD.; PlayStudios Asia; Most Played Games; mixi, Inc. (XFLAG); Fifth Journey and many more will share their experience and insights on the following topics: Industry Insights, Growth, Design & Development, Market Navigation, Kids & Family, Social Gaming and Global & Emerging markets.
Highlights of this year’s Casual Connect Asia include (among others):
- Chris Early, VP of Digital Publishing, Ubisoft – KEYNOTE: Lessons in VR from Ubisoft
- Yi Fei Boon, Field Engineer, Unity Technologies – 4,000 Adams at 90 Frames Per Second
- Matthew Hall, Co-Founder, Hipster Whale – Please, Sir, I Want Some More… Ads
- Yoshinori Kitamura, Chief Operating Officer, Gravity Co., LTD. – 15 Years of Experience in the Online Gaming Industry
- Qi Chen, COO, FunPlus – Grow Games in Both West and East
- Justin Kim, CEO, Redbana, Christopher Liu, Head of Mobile Game Publishing Business, VNG Corporation, Kenken Rudy Salim, COO, Lyto Datarindo Fortuna, MODERATOR: Gerald Tock, COO (Strategy and Partnerships), iCandy Interactive – PANEL: SEA’s Publishing Powerhouses
- Jia Ling Hoo, Former Co-Founder and VP of Partnerships, Inzen Studio, Shieny Aprilia, VP Serious Games & Gamification, Agate Studio, Chor Guan Teo, Program Partner, MXR International, MODERATOR: Gwen Guo, Co-Founder, IMBA Interactive – PANEL: Women Behind The Screens
And many more! You can check the details through this link.
In this year’s event, there are some game industry’s stakeholder from Indonesia who will be the speaker such as:
- Kenken Rudy Salim, COO, Lyto Datarindo Fortuna: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: SEA’s Publishing Powerhouses
- Shieny Aprilia, VP Serious Games & Gamification, Agate Studio: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: Women Behind The Scenes.
- Arief Whidiyasa, CEO, Agate Studio: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: Fighting Strategies of Southeast Asia’s Industry Leaders for 2017
- Kris Antoni Hadiputra, CEO, Toge Productions: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: Behind the Scenes with a VC and Their Investees
- Irene Umar, Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Discovery Nusantara Capital: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: Behind the Scenes with a VC and Their Investees
- Eka Pramudita Muharram, CEO, 2D Artist & Co-Founder, Mojiken Studio: who will be one of the panelist in PANEL: Behind the Scenes with a VC and Their Investees
As you may know before in this year’s Indie Prize Asia 2017, there are 9 games from Indonesia that will be participated. They will try their best to compete with the developers around the world and take the achievement back home. Good luck!