Some industry veterans will share their insights and knowledge in Level Up KL 2017. Who are they?
Industry conference is one of the main courses of Level Up Up KL 2017 that will be held in Malaysia next week. In two days (the 7th and 8th of November 2017), veterans will share their insights about the game industry. The conference itself will be held at Connexion Conference & Event Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
So, what are the conference agendas? Let’s check them out.
Day 1 – 7th of November, 2017
- 9.45: The Future of Virtual Worlds – Luis Cataldi (Epic Games)
- 11.00: VR/AR Development – Weiging Ngang (HTC Vive)
- 11.40: Emerging Game Markets – Sho Sato (Media Create)
- 1.40: Bridging Funding Expectation – Sam Shafie (pitchIN, Moderator), Irene Umar (DNC), Melissa Foo Suyin (Armoury Ventures)
- 2.20: Sound Design Experience for Multiple Platforms – Falk Au Yeong (SoundtRec Malaysia, Moderator), Shota Nakama (SoundtRec Boston), Gwen Guo (IMBA Interactive)
- 3.00: Working with Influencers to Grow Your Game Audience – Jeff Sandhu (BFM, Moderator), Michelle Tan (Fundeavor), Nicholas Sagau (MP Labs), YuBin Ng (Astro)
- 5.30: Final Fantasy XV – Monster of the Deep Wan Hazmer (SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.)
- 11.00: Avoiding Total Studio Disaster – Jason Della Rocca (Execution Labs)
- 11.40: The Future of Payment – Johary Mustapha (Forest Interactive, Moderator), Preecha Praipattarakul (MOL Global), Karim Abdul Malik (Axiata Digital), Johnson Lim (Elite Mobile Global)
- 1.40: Upcoming Trends in Game Design – Tan May Ling (EA Motive)
- 2.20: Leveling Up Your Career in Game Development – David Lam (Bioware)
- 3.00: Optimal Workflow for Game Asset Production – Grayson Chalmers (Riot Games)
- 11.00: Developing the Next VR Game – Christopher Murphy (Unreal)
- 1.40: Google @ LEVEL UP KL (Monetize Your Game with Google, Game as a Service Using Firebase, Machine Learning and the Future of Marketing, Find Success as an Indie Developer on Google Play)
Day 2 – 8th of November, 2017
- 9.45: Building Games The Marvel Way – Danny Koo (Marvel Entertainment)
- 11.00: What Do Publishers Want? – Langer Lee (XFlag Studios of mixi inc)
- 1.40: Developing a Profitable Game in SEA – Gabby Dizon (Altitude Games, Moderator), Kris Antoni (Toge Productions), Desmond Lee (AppXplore), Ian Gregory (Witching Hours), Yan Marchal (Sanuk Games)
- 2.20: Growth and Potential of Esports – Dato’ Latt Shariman (ESM, Moderator), Frank Sliwka (ESL Gaming), Deon Moh (Riot Games), Fahmi Fairuz (Kitamen)
- 3.00: Building an External Development Studio – Abdul Khaliq (EA Ghost Games, Moderator), Ryan Wong (Glow Production), Alvin Juban (Synergy88 Digital), Phil Tran (Glass Egg Digital Media)
- 4.30: Re:Legend – An Indie Kickstarter Success Story – (DC Gan, Magnus Games)
- 11.00: What’s Next in the Console Game Business? – Alex Fernandez (Streamline Studios)
- 11.40: Digital Content for Console Platforms – Hector Fernandez (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- 1.40: The Art of “Star Craft: Remastered” – Leonard Teh & Kevin Lai (Lemon Sky)
- 2.20: Designing Concept Arts for the Next Generation Games – Teo Yong Jin (EA Motive)
- 3.00: The Art of Uncharted 4 – Brian Recktenwald (Naughty Dog)
- 11.00: Leveraging on Cloud Solutions to Scale Up your Game – Sun Young, Cedric Yong (Amazon)
- 1.40: Unity & LEVEL UP KL (Supercharge Your Revenue using Unity Ads, Unity for Interactive Cinematography)
Besides the conference, Level Up KL 2017 also has other lineups, such as SEA Game Jam, Workshop, Business Connection Programs, and SEA Game Awards. You can check our previous article to know more about them.
Level Up KL is one of the premier business game conference in Southeast Asia. Here's some content of this year's event that will be held in Malaysia.
Edited by Devi