Pax East 2018 organizer already announced a list of games that will participate in this year’s (2018) Indie MegaBooth. Three of them are from Indonesia.
Business to Consumer (B2C) gaming events are perfect places to meet potential customers, gain media exposure and also get feedback from them. That’s why some indie game developers invest more time and resources to participate in B2C events such as E3, Tokyo Game Show, PAX and Gamescom.
One of the best B2C events for the indie game developer is Indie MegaBooth which will take place at Pax East 2018. The 2018’s Indie MegaBooth will take place at over 7,000 square feet of Boston Convention Center.
Not only games but also some tabletop games will be showcased there. There’s also an Indie MiniBooth to check out. Like the tabletop, the MiniBooth line-up rotates depending on which day you check it out. This booth itself aims to be a great way for indie developers to compete for public attention against the larger or triple-A studios.
For this year’s event, the organizer already announced games line-up that will be showcased in this booth and the number marks the biggest Indie MegaBooth to date since it was first introduced in 2012.
With over 100 games from 93 developers, 2018’s Indie MegaBooth will be fully packed with gamers and enthusiasts who want to try the latest indie game from all over the world from April 5-8.
Three titles from Indonesia are ready to participate
We are going to PAX East 2018 as part of Indie Megabooth, bringing Infectonator 3, Ultra Space Battle Brawl, and Rage In Peace!Do give us a visit if you are around the area.
From that number, there are three games from Indonesia who will also participate in this booth. They are Ultra Space Battle Brawl (developed by Mojiken Studio), Infectonator 3: Apocalypse (Toge Productions) and Rage in Peace (Rolling Glory Jam). Although they were developed by a different developer, all of them will be published under Toge Productions, a publisher that recently released My Lovely Daughter for PC.
Here’s a brief description of that three games.
Ultra Space Battle Brawl
Ultra Space Battle Brawl is a Pong-inspired game that was born from internal upgrading session held in Mojiken Studio in 2015. This is a multiplayer game where you should destroy your opponent’s crystal to score a point.
Combined with the multiplayer capability from Nintendo Switch, surely this game is one of the best game to play with your friends everywhere.
Infectonator 3: Apocalypse
Infectonator 3: Apocalypse is like the opposite of usual zombie-shooting concept games. In this game, you are not the one fighting to end the zombie apocalypse. But, as in the previous game, you will be the one spreading the zombie viruses. The main goal is you should spread the virus and infect as many people as you can before the zombie dies.
The third series still maintains the uniqueness of Infectonator series’ gameplay. You can spread the virus by only tapping the screen. After that, just sit back and watch the zombies infecting people.
Rage in Peace
Rage in Peace is an action adventure game developed by a Bandung-based studio, Rolling Glory Jam that emphasizes on surprise and memorization. The game aims to test the players’ skill, memory, and persistence while telling a story about life, death, and acceptance.
Surprise and memorization will be the key for you to help Timmy postpone his demise, receive inner peace, and pass on the way he always wished to. To arrive at home safely, Timmy only has the ability to run, jump and double jump.
Here’s the full list of games who will participate in 2018 Indie MegaBooth
- Airships: Conquer the Skies (David Stark)
- Anamorphine (Artifact 5)
- AUGMENTED EMPIRE (Coatsink)
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Kitfox Games)
- Brave Earth: Prologue (DANGEN Entertainment)
- Can’t Drive This (Pixel Maniacs)
- City of the Shroud (Abyssal Arts)
- CLOSE TO THE SUN (STORM IN A TEACUP)
- ClusterPuck 99 (Coatsink)
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! (Vertigo Gaming Inc.)
- Cosmo’s Quickstop (Big Sir Games)
- Cubie Adventure (UNIT5)
- Dead Cells (Motion Twin)
- Decoherence (Efecto Studios)
- Disco Elysium (ZA/UM Studio)
- Door Kickers: Action Squad (KillHouse Games)
- Double Kick Heroes (Headbang Club)
- Fight Knight (DANGEN Entertainment)
- Floor Kids (MERJ Media)
- Fruit Attacks VR (Nanali)
- Golem Gates (Laser Guided Games)
- Guacamelee! 2 (Drinkbox Studios)
- Infectonator 3: Apocalypse (Toge Productions)
- Infinite Adventures (Stormseeker Games)
- Insane Robots (Playniac)
- Light Fall (Bishop Games)
- LUNA (Funomena LLC)
- Monster Prom (Beautiful Glitch)
- Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games)
- Mothergunship (Grip Digital)
- Omensight (Spearhead Games)
- Pikuniku (Sectordub ltd)
- Plunder Panic (Michigan State University)
- Projection: First Light (Shadowplay Studios)
- Q.U.B.E. 2 (Toxic Games)
- Rage In Peace (Toge Productions)
- Relic Hunters Legend (Rogue Snail)
- Rhythm Doctor (7th Beat Games)
- RITE of ILK (Turtleneck Studios)
- Riverbond (Cococucumber)
- Runner3 (Choice Provisions)
- SAMSARA – Stones of Eternity (BlindCat Studio)
- Shape of the World (Hollow Tree Games)
- SHU (Coatsink)
- SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption (Dark Star)
- Slime-san (Fabraz)
- SpiritSphere DX (Fabraz & Eeendhoorn)
- Sumer (Studio Wumpus)
- Super Daryl Deluxe (Dan & Gary Games)
- Super Slime Arena (JellyTeam)
- Super Sportmatchen (DANGEN Entertainment)
- The Church In The Darkness (Paranoid Productions)
- The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game (Hidden Achievement LLC)
- The Gardens Between (The Voxels Agents)
- The Messenger (Sabotage)
- The Moon Fields (LUNARSIGNALS)
- The Shrouded Isle (Kitfox Games)
- The Take (Stuido Studios)
- The Takeover (DANGEN Entertainment)
- Trailmakers (Flashbulb)
- Ultra Space Battle Brawl (Toge Productions)
- Volantia (Tangled Mess Games)
- Wattam (Funomena LLC)
- Wulverblade (Darkwind Media)
Toge Productions has released My Lovely Daughter for PC through Steam. Is this game developed by GameChanger Studio worth to try? Here's our My Lovely Daughter review.
MINIBOOTH Thursday & Friday:
- A Case of Distrust (The Wandering Ben)
- Above (Mighty Moth)
- Batbarian (Unspeakable Pixels)
- Causa, Voices of the Dusk (Niebla Games)
- Destination Ares (Patrick Scott)
- EXPOSURE, a game of camouflage (The Sheep’s Meow)
- Solo (Team Gotham)
- Sparklite (Red Blue Games)
- Super Grumz (Picnic Game Labs)
- The Path of Motus (Michael Hicks and Gonçalo Antunes)
- WaveCrash!! (Flyover Games)
- With Friends Like These (Shy Kids Club)
MINIBOOTH Saturday & Sunday:
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (Digerati + iNK Stories)
- A Tofu Tail (alchemedium)
- Ash of Gods: Redemption (AurumDust)
- Astrologaster (Nyamyam)
- Bullet Age (Liv Games)
- Exception (Traxmaster Software)
- Hyper Jam (Bit Dragon)
- Necrosphere (Cat Nigiri)
- Once Upon A Coma (Atmos Games & Serenity Forge)
- Pig Eat Ball (Mommy’s Best Games)
- STAY (Appnormals Team)
- Where Shadows Slumber (Game Revenant)
Tabletop (including board games) is the new trend in Kickstarter with more than US$130 million pledged into successful project in 2017.
TABLETOP – Thursday & Saturday:
- Now Everyone Get The F%$# Out! (Starcap Games)
- Pigment (Copper Frog Games LLC)
- True Messiah (Sinister Design)
- Visitor in Blackwood Grove (Resonym)
- WISP IN THE VALE (LARKLAMP) (Lumo Amuzo Gameworks)
- Wordoboros (Snakebit Games)
TABLETOP – Friday & Sunday:
- Confabula Rasa (Emma Larkins)
- Cult Following: The One True Game (Bravely Told Games)
- Hegemony (Niebla Games)
- HEXaDecimate (Subaltern Games)
- Status Report! (Offcut Games)
- The Ultimate Clap Back (Mot & Dot)