Business

Mobile Legends Generates US$200 Million in Revenue

By Muhammad Bilal Syahrir

21% of the revenue came from Malaysia and 19% of it came from Indonesia. These two countries have been the main target for Moontoon’s events recently.


Since its launching in 2016, Mobile Legends has generated US$200 million in total revenue. Malaysia and Indonesia are the top two countries with the most players playing Mobile Legends.

According to Marketing Intelligence firm, Sensor TowerMobile Legends generates US$200 million in total revenue. Twenty-one percent of the revenue came from Malaysia and 19% of it came from Indonesia. These two countries have been the main target for Moontoon’s events recently.

The title itself has found most of its revenue from Google Play with 71%. iOS, on the other hand, only managed to generate 29% of that total revenue. It’s not a surprise as we see that most players from Indonesia and Malaysia are dominantly Android users.

The game had always been in the top 5 grossing charts for Indonesian region since the game literally came out. In Malaysia, Mobile Legend’s grossing chart is currently behind Playerunkown’s Battlegrounds Mobile per June 2018, according to Nico Partners.

Mobile Legends Generates US$200 Million

What about in the US? Well, the game notched US$25 million of that comes from the US alone. This makes the game the most popular MOBA game overthrowing Vainglory.

In fact, in the US, Mobile Legends already took the throne since January 2018 while managing to nearly double its own player spending.

Until this June, Mobile Legends’ revenue across the US App Store and Google Play totaled around US$2 million. This is almost three times the combined US$720,000 Sensor Tower estimates was spent by the country’s Arena of Valor and Vainglory players combined.

Arena of Valor Officially Becomes a Tournament in Asian Games 2018

Arena of Valor officially becomes a tournament in Asian Games 2018 this August. The announcement came from The Indonesian Minister and Youth Affairs representative, Tommy Kurniawan. 

So what does this mean? We know that the MOBA genre is having a tight competition with the battle royale games on mobile. However, it still generated a lot of audiences. It also seems like it won’t be slowing down.

What do you think of Mobile Legend’s dominance in the mobile gaming? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Edited by Devi

brightness_1

Comments

brightness_1

About Writer


My main mission: Making Indonesian Game Industry big!